Around Duke and in the Triangle
- October 14-17 2019: School of Medicine Research Week. Trent Semans Center – 6th floor. Activities for the week include presentations from 4 SoM faculty members, a Research Town Hall, the Robert J. Lefkowitz, MD, Distinguished Lecture, Innovation Jam, a Clinical Keynote Lecture, and a poster session featuring the research of residents, trainees and PhD students from clinical and basic science departments.
- October 15, 2019: DGHI Think Global Can mHealth Bridge the Implementation Gaps in Cervical Cancer Prevention? Center Director Megan Huchko and MS2 Jacob Stocks share their experience identifying barriers to cervical cancer prevention in western Kenya and designing technology to help address these.
- October 16, 2019: Triangle Global Health Annual Meeting Durham Conference Center. This year’s annual meeting, One Health: Creating a Shared Future will focus on the interconnectedness of the environment and human and animal health.
- October 23, 2019: Triangle Area Population Sciences Dinner Mediterranean Deli, Bakery, and Catering, Chapel Hill, 5:30-8:30 pm. Join for a short presentation and discussion with Pape Gaye, CEO of IntraHealth International and long-time family planning advocate, as he reflects on the changing landscape of family planning and how leaders in the movement are reimagining – and planning for – the future of family planning.
- November 1, 2019: Stigma and Reproductive Health in Africa, part of the Center’s Duke Africa Initiative Lunch Series. 12 – 1pm. Trent Hall 040. Panelists Megan Huchko, Michael Relf, and Godfrey Kisego will discuss their work to better understand and reduce reproductive health stigma for people with living HIV/AIDS. Join us for lunch!
- November 1, 2019: DGHI Op Ed Workshop 040 Trent Hall, 1-2:30 pm. The DGHI Communications Team has a hands-on workshop for DGHI faculty, staff and postdocs on writing effective opinion and advocacy articles, including a writing exercise and on-the-spot feedback. Participants will be asked to prepare some materials in advance of the workshop, so registration is required.
- November 4, 2019: 2019 Global Health Research Showcase. 5-7 pm, Trent Semans Center. Trainees, faculty, staff and friends from across Duke and the Triangle’s global health community are invited to enjoy light refreshments, brief remarks, and poster presentations at an event that highlights the incredible work of our students. Students from all academic levels will present posters on their fieldwork and research projects.
- November 20, 2019: Evaluating Quality in Maternal Health Interventions in Africa, part of the Center’s Duke Africa Initiative Lunch Series. 12 – 1pm. Trent Hall 040. Join Joy Noel Baumgartner (Duke) and Rohit Ramaswamy (UNC) as they discuss their work improving maternal child health interventions in Africa using evaluation and research.
National and International
- December 4-7, 2019 Monaco. Eurogin
Annual meeting of the HPV Multidisciplinary Congress
- March 23-27, 2020, Barcelona, Spain. International Papillomavirus Conference This IPVS meeting will focus on “Science and Education for Action against HPV.”